This is a blog dedicated to my "mindful" life. Each week there will be at least one posting to share about a variety of topics like: books I'm reading, recipes I'm loving, and tips of what I've been working on in my mindfulness practice throughout the week. Perhaps you will find something that might inspire you to live more mindfully. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

What's in a name?















After a lot of agonizing and brainstorming with friends about the name of my blog, I finally decided on "quiver". The name suddenly appeared in my mind after napping in the 90 degree heat and I knew it was the one.

Why the name quiver, you ask? As you may know...a quiver is a container that holds arrows. I consider myself a "warrior" and my mindfulness practice (yoga/meditation/etc.) is the arrow that I use to cut to through the general chaos I find alive in the world.

More importantly to me, quiver is a feeling that I experience frequently. It is the feeling I find in my heart (sometimes, not always) during my lovingkindness/compassion practice and it's the feeling of anxiety I experience daily.

So, as I sit here sweating on this early summer day I decided to post a photo taken last fall of a tree with snow on it. It serves as a reminder to me that nothing is permanent--the snow, the heat, the quiver of anxiety or compassion. It is all fleeting.

During the next couple of weeks I will be posting blogs about mindful (or not so mindful) eating. I've been experimenting with what and how I eat and I look forward to sharing that with you.

Be well.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm so excited to follow you! I feel like I'm just starting a really great book! Hugs, Rochelle

    ReplyDelete