This is a blog dedicated to my "mindful" life. Each week there will be at least one posting to share about a variety of topics like: books I'm reading, recipes I'm loving, and tips of what I've been working on in my mindfulness practice throughout the week. Perhaps you will find something that might inspire you to live more mindfully. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sweet Potato Pancakes


I am too busy this weekend to do a really thoughtful post, so I thought I would share the Sweet Potato Pancake Recipe that I made this evening from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook. You may gain new best friends or even attract a rich husband with this recipe (heehee).



1 cup peeled and grated raw sweet potatoes
1/4 to 1/2 freshly grated lemon peel (don't skip this...it's essential!)
1 large egg
1 cup milk
2 TBSP oil or melted butter
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar

In a large bowl combine grated sweet potatoes, lemon peel, egg, milk, oil (or butter). In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Gently stir the dry into the wet ingredients. Do not overbeat or overstir. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.

Warm a lightly oiled skillet on medium-high heat. Pour a small amount of the batter into the skillet to form round pancakes. After about 2 minutes, when the pancakes are evenly dotted with bubbles and about half the bubbles have broken, flip the pancakes with a spatula. Cook the second side until lightly browned...about 1 minute. Continue in batches until the batter has been used.

Serve with Maple syrup, butter, sour cream or chunky salsa.

You will have more friends as a result of making this dish, be really popular, and I'm pretty sure people will find you more attractive (hahahahahaha). Seriously delicious. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment